Setup the connector
Add Connector on the Knots platform
- You can access the connectors session on the Knots platform.
- Scroll down to the end of the page to Add a new connector.
- Fill in the information
- Click on setup connector
Connector in the app
Once the connector is set on the Knots platform, it will be shown on the dropdown in the API section.
- Select the connector. This is the base URL.
- Add the path to the endpoint. In this example, we want to get information about the user from our platform. If you don't know the path to data, please talk to your IT department responsible for the API.
- A request URL will appear once both parts are completed (please note that a / is required between the base URL and the path to the service. If you don't have one, add a / right at the beginning of the Relative URL path to the service.
HTTP Request Method
GET: The GET method requests a representation of the specified resource. Requests using GET should only retrieve data.
POST: The POST method submits an entity to the specified resource, often causing a change in state or side effects on the server.
PUT: The PUT method replaces all current representations of the target resource with the request payload.
DELETE: The DELETE method deletes the specified resource.
PATCH: The PATCH method applies partial modifications to a resource.